MAKING THE DECISION
Ever since I made the momentous decision to make business cards, I’ve been a bundle of nerves. Business cards mean that there’s no turning back for now, it’s putting yourself out there. Checking the mail every day and asking ‘Are they here yet?’ Then I sat down and thought, ‘what business do I have tryna start a business? especially when I am not together?’ I am completely out of my comfort zone, gone are the ‘comfortable’ things that I always had and took for granted: salary,, benefits, resources, safety net.
I’ve always said that my life is not for everyone, But some days,, I have had to push on, even when I do not feel like handling the business that is my life. The biggest challenge for me has been that, when I see that the four walls are closing in fast, instead of empowering myself, I find that my mind is on overdrive with crazyass thoughts and all of my fears are being brought up to the surface. If I am going to make it in business, and in life, then I must find a way to survive and thrive within in a new comfort zone.
How do I make my new comfort zone? I cannot be the only one who is trying to make positive change in life so I started looking for information to ease my mind, my fears, and to learn how to channel this energy so that I can work it and make it happen.
THE CHINGONA NETWORK
First thing I did was turn to my network of familia and friends; I sent out a text a few minutes ago and asked some of you to tell me in 10 words or less what bravery meant to you:
“Having fear yet surging forward to a triumphant successful outcome”
“Finding your ‘ovarios‘ and proudly showing them off”
“Getting things done even when you’re terrified por no quedarte con el “what if”
“Being able to stand up for what is important to you even when you’re scared”
“Acknowledging your fears and doing what you KNOW needs doing”
“Bravery means wiping your tears and picking yourself up to handle the next round of BS”
Love the responses! These powerful statements allowed me to see that all of us struggle with some type of fear that we all throw to the side when we need to make changes in our lives, no matter how small. I didn’t need to know exactly WHAT scares you or what motivates you to move forward, although I could definitely sense the intensity in all of these statements, and I found that acts of bravery can be large or small, and can occur many times in our lives.
THE ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT
My question is how do we know what to do when life pushes us forward to do something new? How do we channel our fears and motivate ourselves to ‘handle it’? Have any of you ever told yourself any of the following statements?
- “I can’t make time for this. My family needs all my attention.”
- “I don’t really have the money to invest in myself right now.”
- “People will think I’m crazy for doing this.”
- “I’ll feel guilty honoring my own dreams and doing something for myself.”
- “I’m not sure this will do anything for me.
I’ll put myself out there and briefly answer these questions:
1. I have no children or husband, I love my family but they are all grown folks, so, no excuses, I must make time for this.
2. True, I have no money to invest in myself right now so I must find other ways to invest: free training, find a mentor, an investor, review my talents and find new income in the meantime.
3. True. What else is new? LOL.
4. This is probably the hardest of the five questions to read and fulfill: my struggle has been honoring my dreams, taking care of myself, and more important, TRUSTING myself to make good and positive decisions. It’s been Dad, Familia and trying to stay out of the line of fire in my personal life. Not easy but it soon will be! Once I get over this hurdle and let go of negativity is when I will truly celebrate!
5. When I feel all of the fears of living life without a net is when I’m all ‘freakiada’ and I wonder if I made the right decision. What I must do is embrace the fear so that I am able to see how much being brave really does it for me.
omg! love this great attitude adjustment! Bottom line, I do want something different in my life and I know that I do not want to handle this new phase of my life alone, that deep down, I do need help and support (so hard to admit LOL) and love it when y’all respond to my SOS text messages! Thanks.
I guess that there never is a good time to start something new than NOW, is there? Time to work it and have fun!
WORKING IT FROM MIEDOSA TO CHINGONA
When I saw this quote below, I felt as if I had to share it right away! But more important, this quote took me out of my ‘four walls closing in miedosa filled with fear’ attitude today, it got my butt out of the house and out into the world so that ‘La Miedosa’ could pay a visit to ‘La Chingona’ along with the merry band of chingonas who sent me the text messsages LOL. So as I end this week, I leave you with this quote…
“Bravery is the ability to move forward to a goal, to take action that is in your highest interest and in the interest of all mankind, even in the face of all your fears, anxieties and insecurities, and in the face of your core belief that you’re not good enough or strong enough. Bravery is the very thing that makes us bigger than ourselves, and changes the world for good.” -Kathy Caprino
…and I’ll also leave part of my business card! which I’ll gladly give out ONCE I get them in the mail! LOL